Twitter

Friday 13 January 2012

Spring is in the air... well almost!

My first few weeks of 2012 have been very productive!  I have managed to set up a work timetable... whether I stick to it is a whole other story, but the intention is there and so far, so good!  I have a lot of personal and work goals this year, so I have started as I mean to go on as they say.

Lottey and I have started work on designing the Spring/Summer collection for deerohdeer and we are VERY excited to say the least!  You may have seen the 'teaser' we have put out to give you a hint of what's in store, if not here it is again! >>>>>

So, as you may have probably guessed, the 'theme' is going to be all around the 'carnivale/circus' motif, but of course with that deerohdeer twist!  We have been building our mood board, sketching ideas and 'window shopping' for beads and fabrics to give us the inspiration we need.  I thought I'd share a few little titbits with you on here, so you can feel part of the process :)

We have both got a huge love of all things wierd and wonderful and adore the imagery of the vintage 'freak shows' and circus tableau; so much to inspire us in our quest to better the last collection and bring you something fresh.  We have pretty much decided on the colour palette we will be working with and it's LUSH!  We are working muted pastels this season with some punchy accents and rather than the colour blocking of last summer's 'Vivid' collection, we are going for a mix and match look; combining different fabric patterns and uniting a variety of different materials in the jewellery... So expect the unexpected!  I don't want to give too much away yet, but here are a few images we have on our mood board.  Would LOVE to hear your thoughts, so do leave me a comment in the box below!